A sandbox is an on-demand, time-limited environment deployed to your cloud provider and designed to facilitate any dev/test task. An example scenario includes testing a new build of an application or reproducing bugs on a customer-like environment. Sandboxes are created based on blueprints, which are managed by the Space owner and published to a self service Blueprints Catalog for independent consumption by your Space member.
To launch a sandbox:
- Click the Sandbox Environments page.
- On the top-right of the screen, click New Sandbox.
The Blueprints Catalog is displayed.
- Click the Space Blueprints or Samples tab.
- Double-click the required blueprint.
Optionally, use the Search by name field to find the required blueprint.
- Enter your Sandbox Name, preferred Duration, and required Parameters.
- Click Launch Sandbox.
NOTE: Each sandbox may require different parameters and artifacts details. These are derived from the blueprint used to launch this sandbox. The parameters are usually used by an application's Initialization script in configuring the application. For example, database credentials, logs location etc. The artifact is a binary file used by the Initialization script to install the application. The Artifacts details are usually used to specify the location in which the application's artifacts will be installed.
- Once the deployment of your sandbox begins, an Open Sandbox button is displayed on the bottom of the screen. Click it to open the sandbox.
NOTE: In AWS environments, the applications may be inaccessible immediately after the environment becomes Active. This issue should resolve itself within a few moments when the AWS DNS propagation process completes.
For more information about launching sandboxes from your pipeline or using our API, see Launching Sandboxes.