It is possible to add your Kubernetes cluster to Colony to allow your blueprint's applications to run on Kubernetes as part of the sandbox or production environment.
CloudShell Colony supports three types of Kubernetes clusters:
- Self-managed Kubernetes clusters that are deployed on your public cloud account
- Managed AKS clusters provided by Azure
- Managed Amazon EKS clusters provided by AWS
The flow for using Kubernetes clusters in Colony is as follows:
- Kubernetes clusters are added to an existing AWS or Azure cloud account as compute services - for details, contact Colony Support. You can add several Kubernetes compute services to the same cloud account.
- The compute service that will be used in the sandbox is specified in the blueprint YAML.
- The docker image is defined in the application YAML.
- Optionally, CPU and RAM limits are set for the application in the application YAML.