To properly install the Azure DevOps Plugin, make sure to complete all three steps, as detailed in this article:
- Step 1: Installing
- Step 2: Configuring the Plugin in your TeamCity Project
- Step 3: Verifying the Configuration and Launching a Sandbox
Step 1: Installing
- Open the CloudShell Colony Plugin page in the Azure DevOps (VSTS) Marketplace.
- Click Get it free.
- Log in to VisualStudio.com and select the organization that will use this plugin.
- Click Install.
NOTE: If you are not the organization’s admin, you may send a request to the admin to install the plugin for you.
Your plugin is now installed.
Step 2: Configuring the Azure DevOps (VSTS) Plugin
- Open your VisualStudio.com project.
- Open the Project Settings/Services page.
- Click New service connection and select CloudShell Colony.
To the Connection Name, enter "Colony."
- In CloudShell Colony, open the Settings page and click Integrations.
- Under the Azure DevOps icon click Connect Now.
- Copy the automatically generated token.
- Switch back to Azure DevOps Web UI and paste the token into this field.
NOTE: The token value is generated by CloudShell Colony.
- Click Verify connection and make sure the connection succeeds.
Step 3: Verifying the Configuration and Launching a Sandbox
To start launching sandboxes from your Azure DevOps pipeline, see Launching a Sandbox from Azure DevOps (VSTS).