A cloud account is a Colony entity that allows Colony to manage environment deployments on a specific public cloud provider, such as AWS or Azure. This includes deploying cloud services to the cloud account and application to a compute service on the cloud provider. Cloud accounts are created by Colony admins and can be associated with different Spaces. In addition, kubernetes clusters residing in those cloud providers can be associated with the cloud accounts and used in sandbox and production environments.
Colony cloud accounts are managed in Colony's Cloud Accounts administration page. Each cloud account includes the following details:
- Account: Auto-generated name of the cloud account. The names are sequential (Azure, Azure 1, Azure 2, etc.).
- error indication: (If applicable) Hover over the errors indication to see the details.
- Cloud Provider ID: ID of the AWS/Azure account used to create the cloud account AWS cloud account ID or Azure subscription)
- Authenticated: Time at which the cloud account was authenticated.
- Authenticated by: Colony admin that authenticated the cloud account.
- Used in Space: Spaces in which this cloud account can be used.
- Compute services: The compute services and kubernetes clusters associated with the cloud account. For details, hover over the compute services and click the icon that appears ().
- : More actions menu. This menu has the following options:
- Edit: Add the cloud account to additional spaces.
- Validate: Validate the cloud account's resources and services. For details, see Validating Your Cloud Account.
- Delete the cloud account from Colony. Before deleting, please read the appropriate article as this may involve additional actions: Deleting your AWS Cloud Account and Deleting your Azure Cloud Account.