Think of a space as the workspace for a group of people or a team to work on a specific project. It includes the team's members, as well as the assets they will use to deploy environments. These include the blueprints that define the environments to be deployed and the cloud providers that will be used to deploy the applications in those environments.
A typical flow for setting up a space could be something like this:
- The Colony admin creates the space and adds the team members to that space.
- The Colony admin or someone else in the organization sets up an online repository containing the blueprint, application and service YAMLs.
- The Colony admin associates the online repository to the space.
- In order for the team to share blueprints and deploy environments in specific cloud accounts, the admin also adds one or more cloud accounts, or shares existing cloud accounts from another space.
- Then, the team's members create blueprints that use the space's cloud accounts to deploy sandbox environments.