This article explains how to check your cloud account's details. During the validation process, Colony connects to the cloud account's different resources and services, makes sure they are accessible and validates their credentials. When successfully validating an "invalid" cloud account, Colony removes the cloud account's "invalid" flag and reactivates the cloud account.
In some cases, it is possible to lose connection to your cloud account. This is likely caused by someone inadvertently making changes to the cloud account's resources or authentication details.
To validate your cloud account:
- In CloudShell Colony, access the Administration area.
- Open the Cloud Accounts page.
- On the cloud account's row, click the more actions button and select Validate.
The Validate Cloud Account window is displayed, listing the cloud account's resources and services, their type and status.
Possible statuses are:
- Valid: Resource's credentials were validated (applies to resources that require authentication)
- Exist: Resource exists and is accessible
- <error message>: If the resource is inaccessible or cannot be validated, an error message is displayed. Examples include: "Storage Account could not be found", "Unable to obtain credentials" or "Unable to get Azure Storage key" and "AuthenticationFailed...".
- Undetermined: This status is attached to any resource that is dependent on a parent resource that has an error. for example, if the Role Arn resource cannot be validated, all of the cloud account's other resources will be Undetermined.
- Click Close.